Les Young

Smoke Purple Tube?

That colour is literally just a super light smoke with black and purple flake (035 square to be exact) Colour matching doesn't get any easier than this. 

LOL I love it when someone comes up with an easy one.  Nowadays, you guys are going nuts with some of these colors! 

btw.....the bait I googled definitely had violet or purple hi-lite (does anyone make purple hi-lite?), but as said I'm sure you could get away without it. 

LOL I love it when someone comes up with an easy one.  Nowadays, you guys are going nuts with some of these colors! 

btw.....the bait I googled definitely had violet or purple hi-lite (does anyone make purple hi-lite?), but as said I'm sure you could get away without it. 

No sense making it more complicated than it is. Simple colours often out perform the most complex colours out there. 

here is the colour pulled from their website, VERY light smoke with black and purple flake. 

05__24532__37865.1387053218.1280.1280.JP

Guys, i was using 1 drop of lureworks black 103 i think it is in 4 ounces & it was really dark. I went with 6 ounces & it's a lot better, but still a little on the dark side which is why i asked incase there was something in it i was missing. I may even have to go to 8 ounces with my black to get the lighter shade i'm looking for. Thanks guys

No sense making it more complicated than it is. Simple colours often out perform the most complex colours out there. 

here is the colour pulled from their website, VERY light smoke with black and purple flake. 

05__24532__37865.1387053218.1280.1280.JP

Wow.....my eyes are playing tricks on me.  That one doesn't look like it has hi-lite.  I found this one on Ebay and it looks like it does.  Oh well........close enough, I guess.  LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121745027107?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

Guys, i was using 1 drop of lureworks black 103 i think it is in 4 ounces & it was really dark. I went with 6 ounces & it's a lot better, but still a little on the dark side which is why i asked incase there was something in it i was missing. I may even have to go to 8 ounces with my black to get the lighter shade i'm looking for. Thanks guys

Or maybe try LC minnow silver.  Looks light.  VERY light. 

dont forget your looking at a hollow bait under camera lighting. its gonna play tricks on the eyes.

drop one drop of black in about 10 drops of worm oil. mix and drop from there.

Leonard, i totally agree with that. I do think i need some weaker black though or something like was mentioned for a lighter smoke base. 1 drop in 4 ounces & it's very dark & in 6 ounces is better, buy still to dark for what i'm wanting for my tubes for day time use. Any suggestions? Maybe the tooth pick thing? Thanks

Edited by Les Young

Or maybe try LC minnow silver. Looks light. VERY light.

Silver minnow had lots of extremely small silver glitter in it so I don't think it would give the desired effect. Just need to up the amount of plastisol used with one drop until he gets what he wants. That or just dip a toothpick in the dye and stick that in the plastisol to get less than a "drop" worth of colorant.

Wow.....my eyes are playing tricks on me.  That one doesn't look like it has hi-lite.  I found this one on Ebay and it looks like it does.  Oh well........close enough, I guess.  LOL

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/121745027107?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

I see the exact same colour, not a stitch of hilite in it LOL.