Curt - NC

Site Software Upgrade

Meatball, I was just on soft baits. I was searching for something but it showed nothing found. I thought that was odd so I put in plastic(s). It still did not show anything. TU is still probably working on the search engine. Curt said that they are still working on somethings. This maybe one of them, hang on if it don't work.

Dale

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DaleSW said:

JR, I switch from a phone to a pad. So far none are different buddy. I have not been on a computer but my pad normally looks like the computer version except for emoticons. We got them now for all. There are a few other things you have now that you didn't before.

:tipsy:, cheers

Dale

P.S., I got to do better on proof reading......grrr

:lol: hey look at that!

:ph34r:B);) these are pretty cool!... Couldn't do that before:worship:

Edited by JRammit

Hi gang, I want to apologize for the length of time this has taken. Unfortunately, the customizations have taken waaaay longer than I had hoped for. I'm trying to work with the developer to get them finished up, but there seems to be a communication gap that's causing problems. Not your problem, I know. But I wanted to at least let everyone know that I am still working on this and won't quit until it's done right.

With that said, part of my effort to customize the site was bring it back to the black theme/look it had previously. But I have to admit that I actually prefer the light theme it was using immediately after the upgrade.

Please give me your feedback as to whether you like the light theme or this darker theme better.

Thanks

On 12/6/2016 at 2:09 AM, RayburnGuy said:

Any progress on getting carried to the first unread post in a thread instead of having to scroll through a thread to find the new posts? Or numbering the posts in a thread?

Ben

@RayburnGuy Sorry, Ben. Not yet. My main concern right now is getting the basic functionality restored. Once that happens I will start tackling the smaller stuff for everyone.

Search feature not really in an ideal spot but if it works like most search features on sites always better off searching using your browser window and key words.  Very least move it to  menu options  with the browse, activity, store, etc... because as soon as you scroll even a little bit the search option goes off screen and those menu options only readily observed.   Leaderboard can be dropped and search put in its place even or support can be moved to the bottom of the page where most everyone naturally looks for it plus already contact us at bottom of page so is it really even needed.  

So far looks good (ok the grass or underwater weed bed  should be nixed... unless advertisements are going there then keep the grass  :lol:)

To be honest the browse button selection should be the menu choices and all the others underneath more.  Much more navigation friendly that way as most just want to get to forums and gallery.  

Edited by Travis

@Travis, thanks for your feedback. Most of what you mentioned are things that I already brought up to the developer. The search box, repetitive links, menus, etc.

And that ugly grassy strip! That's going bye bye too :yes:

My main goal right now is to get the ad placements back and sort out the navigation so it makes sense and works easily.

And, as @DaleSW said, this kind of stuff always takes time to iron out the wrinkles. The biggest pain for me is that I have to rely on someone else to do some of it, so it's taking longer than I had hoped it would. But it will all sort itself out in time.

In the meantime, at least the site is up and running.