Curt - NC

Site Software Upgrade

Has anybody said anything about the "notification" box? When I first open it I can't read the notification topic name. The area is black and the type is barely noticeable. Once I open a topic by guessing where the wording is, it's white and the type is black which makes it readable when I go back. Keep it cool Curt, sounds a tad bit of frustration. We're good and yapping.

Dale

4 hours ago, alsworms said:

One thing I can say is (and it's probably just because my brain doesn't work like it used to) the site seemed quite a bit slower at first, but seems to be speeding up now. 

It is probably speeding up, as the group start completing different parts of the program. I have some years to..... I may be seeing things to. 

:ph34r:

• Like 1

I find it actually better. There are something's that I have mentioned that I would like to see. Again tho I emphasize "I would like to see". That does not make it right just my opinion.

Your differently right Dave. Curt has his opinions also and is trying to get them done. No matter what I am good. I learn and help, that's a good thing to me. It will be fine.

Dale

On 12/8/2016 at 9:41 PM, RayburnGuy said:

Thanks Curt. I know you've got your hands full and didn't mean to sound impatient.

Ben

Ben, No worries @RayburnGuy I didn't take it as impatience at all. I'm actually a bit frustrated right now myself, since the customizations are taking way longer than I had expected to complete.

On 12/10/2016 at 11:56 AM, alsworms said:

One thing I can say is (and it's probably just because my brain doesn't work like it used to) the site seemed quite a bit slower at first, but seems to be speeding up now. 

The site was running slower for a period of time. But it wasn't due to the new software. It was some other stuff that was overloading the server. That has since been fixed though.

3 hours ago, Curt - RI said:

Ben, No worries @RayburnGuy I didn't take it as impatience at all. I'm actually a bit frustrated right now myself, since the customizations are taking way longer than I had expected to complete.

Thanks Curt. Hang in there man. We've still got the best site of it's kind on the web.

Ben

• Like 1

We're getting there!

If you click the notification icon at the top. you should now see that the dropdown menu is much better. Everything there is now visible, making it easier to work with. The navigation menus have also been cleaned up a bit, removing a lot of the redundancy that was there.

We will be working to clean up the footer and restore all of the sponsor banners, as well as taking care of some other stuff.

Oh, and the Classifieds are finally back! If you put your mouse over where it says Browse in the upper nav menu, you'll see the Classifieds there in the dropdown menu :yes:

Overall the site is coming together good.  I think the current color layout leaves a lot to be desired but  know that is subjective and may not be an issue as things get worked out.   Seams to be a lot of basic website design misses but my knowledge on the issue is limited.  Posts just seam to run together as no color gradient is used to differentiate responses.  Also overall just too much white and "white space"  I am blowing the site up to get rid of the right and left white margins as I find them way to large and makes the site overall not enjoyable to view as getting "afterimage" when going to other sites or look away from the computer.    Will there be different skin options?

Edited by Travis