stretcher66

Chroming your baits

Thanks for sharing! Thats an awesome video. I found one down the page with a guy using gold leaf.  I have actually been playing around some with the aluminum duct tape and that stuff is pretty awesome. Once i can figure out paint over it, i think i will really like it. Just cut your side profile out in the tape and lay it on. A smooth aluminum round stock will work to smooth it all out. You can do the same for the top and really work the edges with the stock to make the seams disappear. 

On 12/8/2016 at 6:25 PM, Salty's said:

Anyone can make a chrome lure. NOW show me a clear coat over it. THEN I'll believe you got something there...

Isn't that the truth.  I really haven't been happy with any of the common paints and stick with the foil as nothing comes close to it at the same price range.

• Like 1

Someone turned me on to leaf/foil. I believe it was you Travis. I like using leaf with candy type colors. My clear coat over Wicked colors does very well. I'm am very happy with this technique. I'm still learning new ways of getting different schemes.

Once confident with doing this I'm going to try some left over real gold leaf that I have left from a consignment that did some time ago, nothing but a "show and tell" bait. Its going on a desk. 

:tipsy:

• Like 1