I'm trying to figure out to do the jig paint job on the left in the attached pic. Found this jig in one of my boxes, don't know where I got it, and really like the paint. Bought some Boss Jig Armor green pumpkin crustacean (on the right in pic), and it isn't even close. Hard to see in the pic I know, but does anyone have an idea what kind of powder paint this might be?

Veiny GP.JPG

Veiny GP.JPG

9 hours ago, 21xdc said:

This might help>>>

Thanks for the that info.  Interesting discussion. I kind of blew by the fishingskits Illusion paint and foundation, thinking it would be more like an anodized metal look with black spots.....and with limited color options. Maybe I'm just not thinking out of the box on this yet?????

It is a brown veined powder paint. If you know who made the jig, ask them for the  paint manufacturer. If you don't know who made the jig, there area lot of companies that sell veined powder. The most common is a one step process, where you put paint on the jigs and the heat will activate the paint and make it crack. Stay away from two part processes, as they are a P.I.T.A and very expensive.

• Like 2

Go to Barlows and look at their "double trouble" powder paint, they don't have that color but they do have a green that I intend to get the next time I place an order. The picture you have there looks to be a hammertone finish as it not only has veins but also texture, I'm betting the company that made that jig had that color custom made.

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 5:11 AM, cadman said:

It is a brown veined powder paint. If you know who made the jig, ask them for the  paint manufacturer. If you don't know who made the jig, there area lot of companies that sell veined powder. The most common is a one step process, where you put paint on the jigs and the heat will activate the paint and make it crack. Stay away from two part processes, as they are a P.I.T.A and very expensive.

that is correct veined powder gives you that look, I have copper vein which is a little brighter.