Curt - NC

Search

The search feature has never really been a use able function on this site and most sites I have used.  Never understood why so many try using it.  Maybe I just use it wrong but have always found a lot more  using the browser window and typing in key words.  Ben I found a lot of posts this afternoon when I say your request using this method.

Even brings up other sites that reference TU  in the post (texasfishingforum, crappie, bassresource, windycityfishing, fishin, all sites that have links back to TU about the subject).

1 hour ago, RayburnGuy said:

Are you using your browser to search Travis? If so are you just typing something like "airbrushing enamel paint" into the browser or do you include Tackle Underground in the search term?

thanks,

Ben

Yes exactly.  Tackleunderground, testors, top coat    or Tackleunderground, enamel paint,  etc...    various combinations.

I know I have always been able to find more content that way.  Now some sites do have good search features and some you need to go in and change settings to look in all threads, search all terms, search all posts, etc..

• Like 1

On 12/25/2016 at 6:27 PM, Bob La Londe said:

I have not tried it in several days, but previously it seemed to only find content that was newer than the last site update.  

The Search function doesn't appear to be working correctly and based upon the search results, I believe what Bob describes above is what I am seeing as well.  I searched for "KBS Diamond" and it only returned results from 12/21/16 and newer and I know there are posts prior to 12/21/16.

Im also getting a message about the search index process is running and that the results may be incomplete.  I've seen this message when searching for at least the last couple of weeks and probably since the site was upgraded.

Please don't take this as a complaint.  I love TU and I just miss the ability to search before asking a question.

Thanks,

David

7 minutes ago, Curt - RI said:

For those who mentioned having trouble with search not working, please try it again now.

I tested it and found it working better last night. And now that the entire site has been re-indexed, search should be working 100%.

Please give it a shot and let me know.

I just tried it with several different search terms and it worked for me Curt.

I've noticed that sometimes the addition of quotation marks helps when doing a search. Other times a variation of the way the search is worded helps. I found lots a replies for tapping the can while found nothing on tap the can. The search done on tapping the can, without the quotation marks returned replies on tapping powder paint as well as tapping a DN can. To refine the search I added the quotation marks and that narrowed the search to threads about tapping a DN can.

Ben

• Like 1