PrestonOutdoors2

Adding salt to plastics?

I have been experimenting with a new additive instead of salt. Adding the same amount of round glass bead sandblasting grit in the fine 100 to 170 grit It seams to work better then salt so far,  but the one thing I don't like about it is the lack of the salt taste like they used to have. But the baits come out much clearer and seam tougher as well. I will need to fish them to know for sure if I have a HIT or a miss.

On 12/25/2016 at 11:08 PM, alsworms said:

It really depends on what type of bait you're thinking of adding salt to.  Some are required (unless you use other forms of weight.)   Others.....personal preference. 

I definitely agree with this statement. Funny thing is that I prefer the stiffer stick baits for wack rigging (lot more wobble). But almost every other application I prefer the more floppy softer stick baits. That's the beauty of this hobby. You can specifically make baits for certain styles and situations. There's no right or wrong way, so long as you're catching fish.

• Like 3