Fish_N_Fool

New metallic colors

On 12/26/2016 at 7:00 PM, Fish_N_Fool said:

I found a way to make a metallic looking bait that I have been  testing out. Wanted to see what you guys think of them.

Where are the pictures that you posted, i can't seem to find them.  I think the site is getting a little nitpicky  about posting pictures. Happy New Year to you.

20 minutes ago, Brent R said:

Where are the pictures that you posted, i can't seem to find them.  I think the site is getting a little nitpicky  about posting pictures. Happy New Year to you.

Brent,

After the double hacking the site went through, and all the work it took to get it back up and running,  I think having to post the pictures in the Hard Baits Gallery, and then posting a link to them here, like we used to have to do, isn't asking too much of us.  Especially if it lowers the risk of being hacked again.

Posting pictures and videos  that are a look at me sorta thing hurts this site more than helps. Posting a picture or a video on how somethings done is perfectly fine. We have a gallery and a tutorials section. So if you want to see pictures and videos you can go there. Posting them here because no one goes to those forums is not a good reason.  This site has used these rules for a long time and if it were to change you would lose it character. Rest assured if you have a question it will get answered here without any predudous. Other site get monitored and posts can be edited or removed because you might have promoted a product they don't approve of or don't sell. Even with the site being under newer management they don't do any of that stuff. And they could because they sell products too. Keep it the way it has already been for years and it will thrive as it always has. If you have any questions on what you can post look up that subject and you will find everything you need. Spelled out clearly. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Curt - RI said:

Yes he was, but none of the photos or the thread itself showed anything specific as to how it was done or why it is better, worse or different than other methods of coloring.

Nobody gave me a chance to post how I did it so I guess you will never know now.

14 hours ago, Fish_N_Fool said:

Nobody gave me a chance to post how I did it so I guess you will never know now.

I think you're missing the point. Photos don't get posted here just to ask the question "what do you guys think?".

A photo or photos should be included in order to demonstrate a technique or answer a specific question about something. If you wish to share how you did something, then share it. Using this thread now to say "I guess you will never know now" isn't helping anyone.

I'd like to chime in here.  I was a moderator for another site for a short time.  Having to comb through all the posts to see if they meet the site's criteria is a time consuming thing, or it was for me, at least.  So I can appreciate why Curt asks us to post our work pictures in the Galleries, instead of on the forums, except as they " demonstrate a technique or answer a specific question about something".  He's asking us to help moderate the forums ourselves individually, so he doesn't have to do it constantly, and can have some time to actually do other things.  I think that's a reasonable request.

• Like 1

@mark poulson Thank you. I appreciate the understanding and the comment. In addition to myself, we also have two other site moderators. But we all work "real" jobs and having to constantly wade through large numbers of posts is time consuming, to say the least.

Not allowing photos in posts is a longtime policy here at TU. Some may argue that it's outdated, and that is definitely debatable, but this policy will remain in place for the foreseeable future.

In other words, we see no need to change it. So I'm asking that people please adhere to this guideline and not complain too loudly if/when pics or posts get deleted because of this guideline being broken.

To state that you will no longer share with others how a certain method is carried out because you're upset that your photos got deleted doesn't hurt me or the moderators. It hurts the other TU members who are interested in learning the technique you used. And, in my opinion, if you had truly planned on sharing it with others, you would still do so, even after the pics were removed. So I hope you will do so in order for others to be able to learn.

Thanks

• Like 2