jigginpig

Best quality blanks?

Could anyone hip me to the right connection for very nice bait blanks? I'm looking for LC 1.5 and 2. I don't care if they are more expensive, I would like them to look better. 

I have never purchased blanks before, always built my own baits, but I would like to get sharper on my painting and just want to paint a bunch of baits I know I can turn around and sell. 

Cheers all! 

SS

It will be interesting to read the results of your search for a better plastic lure blank.  I've had mixed results when buying LC style lure blanks.  Some are just awful and others not so bad.  Some examples of awful would be soft plastic, loose hangers, warped diving lips, swelling and separating at the seams on a hot day at the lake...to be fair I live in Texas so a hot day on the lake is more like a brief visit to the face of the sun...to name just a few of the problems I've experienced.  Odd thing is, its not related to any particular vendor.  At times a batch of blanks from vendor A has no problems, but a second batch of the same blank from vendor A may not be very good at all.  I'm not trying to attack resellers of lure blanks  or claim unpainted blanks are bad so don't mistake my intent.  Just saying I haven't found a rhyme or reason for good quality or lack of it??

Edited by Lurenerd
  • Like 1

I wonder if there should just be a Blank Review thread pinned  in the hard baits forum.    Just post honest reviews on specific blanks AFTER you personally have run them.      Things like; I purchased 50 1.5s from company XYZ .  Out of the 50 1 had a defect.     Painted, epoxy, size split rings and hooks used.   Bait ran blah blah blah.      Same example.  Bought 25 110 jerkbaits from company 123.   Split rings and hooks used, suspended nose first, tail first.  Rose quickly, sank    ETC.   

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, Super Ron said:

I wonder if there should just be a Blank Review thread pinned  in the hard baits forum.    Just post honest reviews on specific blanks AFTER you personally have run them.      Things like; I purchased 50 1.5s from company XYZ .  Out of the 50 1 had a defect.     Painted, epoxy, size split rings and hooks used.   Bait ran blah blah blah.      Same example.  Bought 25 110 jerkbaits from company 123.   Split rings and hooks used, suspended nose first, tail first.  Rose quickly, sank    ETC.   

I'm surprised its not been tried before.  I like the idea but some vendors might be offended by the reviews particularly if the lure was, as Mark says, " a Monday car".  Still its a reasonable thing if done properly....no shameless marketing allowed....no dumping on your competitors....just info on the lure blank,  what was done to it and some on the lake observations regarding its performance.   In the end sponsors and moderators of this site know what's best and what to avoid.  We should defer to their better judgement. 

• Like 1