MarkNY

Is circuit board strong enough to hold line tie?

I'm working on a small 3" perch crank. I planned on using an aluminum lip with a duo snap for the line tie.  But I cut out a circuit board lip too and was wondering if it would be strong enough to hold that duo snap for the line tie. Think the snap could cut into the lip?  Anyone ever try this? Thanks, Mark 

IMG_1346.JPG

I use a hand twisted soft temper stainless screw eye for a line tie on the lip, usually .041" wire.  Make the screw eye.  Drill a hole in the lip that will be a tight fit for its shank.  Bend the screw eye at 90 degrees to the shank and force it through the hole.  when done right, you end up with a lip and line tie with its shank running back to the end of the lip underneath.  Cut a little groove in the bottom center of the lip slot to hold the line tie's shank and epoxy the assembly into the lure.  Soft temper stainless wire works well for this because it's easy to shape and bend accurately with simple hand tools.  If there's any give in the line tie after installation, you can run a bead of epoxy topcoat along the shank to anchor it more firmly to the bottom of the lip.  The soft stainless wire makes it easier to tune the bait and is quite strong.  There are all kinds of ways to put a line tie in a lip.  All of them work well, this is just the one I favor.

• Like 3