Fisheye48

Swim bait tails

I have some top inject and what I do is pour the color I want for the tail into the cavity and follow up with the inject of the color I want.  You will need to practice a couple but you will get an idea of what you need to pour for the tail to form.  There could be some swirl but for the most part you get a clean pour with a tail one color and the main body another.   Works good enough for me but I do not sell.

My main colors are chartreuse tails with a pearl body.  No cutting or opening the mold required.

Nothing beats a good tail shot. But there is an alternate y; dip them in paint. This allows you to shot a solid 1 color bait and then add your color later...any color. Depending the look you want to achieve and the base color of your swim bait you may have to use White paint first as a basecoat then go over that with your final color. Spike-It's Dip-N-Glo Worm Paint is a good place to start. It wont bleed or migrate over time like a dye will, it stays put. In the attached photo you can see from left to right:

1) Watermelon (no dip) 

2) Watermelon with Chartreuse Worm Paint

3) Watermelon with Chartreuse Worm Paint with a White Worm Paint base coat laid down first

4) Pearl White (no dip)

5) Pearl White with Red Worm Paint (no base coat needed)

Just something to think about.

SWIMBAITS.jpg

Edited by McLuvin175
  • Like 3