dmaiden38

ultra molds shooting star cleaning questions

i have recently started using my ultra shooting star system what is the best way to clean the pots between colors. The biggest issue i am having is the best way to clean the injector ports. Since i put in raw plastic in to cook i am afraid of old plastic leeching in and changing colors.

After removing the cooled plastic I heat my pots to about 150 degrees and using air, I blow back through the ports. This removes most of the plastic. I then run a 22 caliber wire brush through all of the ports that I can. When I start the next color I pull a small amount of plastic into the injector and discard it.

All we do is open both pots after cooling, peel out the pots and paddles.  Then add new plastic and go!!!  Take the first suck or two and shoot a mold.  That takes care of the old stuff.  Never had a leaching problem.  

Edited by RTM
Spelling

This is the way i cleaned mine this week. As i have not had mine long i talk to ute in a message he was telling me about using the air.

So i started i got the plug out of the bottom i worked the runner out of the single port with the plug the runner on the other one broke off  did the other side the same way. then i turned on the pots when it got over 200F i opened my valve in the front and applied air

it squirted out in the pot like a worm got it out and it was good to go. I also cleaned my injector and lubed it up  everything worked great that night with no problems. The second time i used it i did not clean it like this and the runner leaked into the pot i had to clean it out of the hot pot as liquid. Next time i will try the air at the lower temp. I am going to make a tool to turn the valve when i get time. i used a couple of wood dowells to turn it on but would be great to have a tool to do it with i did not want to scratch the ports. It will take a while to learn all the learning curves to make it easier. Please post anything new u learn so it will help us all out. Thanks Cub48

• Like 1