Super Ron

Adding Jig rubber to plastics

Did you ever find the reason the rubber got gooey?  If left in the boat I could get it.   I've had jigs and spinnerbaits that have not handle the heat well.   Now all my stuff may be in my boat.  But jigs and spinnerbaits always get the airconditioned apartment .

But if it gets that way because of a chemical reaction between the plastic and rubber then maybe it can be solved

I am a hobby pourer, so I don't know that this is practical for production.

I use a sst wire line threader to pass silicone skirt strands through my plastics.  It's actually the fine sst wire that came with some Mojo sinkers, but they sell them already made.

I push it all the way through from one side to the other, put some skirt strands in the bend of the wire, and pull it back through.  It doesn't seem to make the baits any more fragile, and the silicone doesn't react with the plastic.  I haven't tried rubber.

I have put feathers in my Ika molds, so my Ikas have feathers coming out of both sides, like fins.  The hot plastic has no bad effects on the feathers.

• Like 1