flocknocker1

Wicked Colors

I don't have a lot of experience with flors, but I think flor colors usually work best with a white undercoat or base, or mix some white in with the flor pink to make it more opaque for better coverage.  Don't know if either of those things will work with the paint scheme your trying to acheive.

The flors I've used are similar to transparents, not much opacity. Try mixing a little opaque white in with the flor or mix some of the flor into some white.  Just because the bait has flor pink doesn't necessesarily it came out of the bottle that way.  That's all I know to suggest, maybe someone with more knowledge will shed some light on the subject.

• Like 1

I will use flouresents over lighter colors not nessesarily white. Example, let's say that I'm doing a yellow body tiger scheme with orange stripes. Lets say I want to bring the yellow towards the orange color. I'll take a orange flouresent and mist/powder the yellow. If I want it more tone down a transparent orange maybe in order. Then put the stripes on.

Dale

On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:45 AM, Josh Buck said:

I try to paint the lightest colors first, then follow with the darker colors. Other than that, I would mask off the area and lay a light coat of white so there is more contrast.

This is the correct way.  White is not all that opaque, dark colors always are hard to cover, so........ follow the above instructions.

All are saying the same thing just in different ways. I do like layering colors in different amounts. White does give you a shade that is more bold. I dont have just white and sealer/primer. Nor will I start my paint layering with primer showing thru. But I'm not always wanting that. Different color base coatings gives you more varieties then what everybody does (white).

Ok, I'm different then many. That's a good thing I would think and feel.

I stated everything that has been stated other then going further with shades and colors. Just trying to stir a thought.

:tipsy:

Dale

Good stuff f.n ,you can miss a step by not mixing fluo pink into white base by spraying opaque white through stencil or mask ,then spray fluo pink to desired effect-thin coat over white will give you maximum brightness, more coats will give deeper but less bright colour. .....glider