I started off not watching anybody. I just looked at pic.'s and still do. I basicly know how the painter does the scheme or enjoy trying to figure it out. I do appreciate a excellent job. I have watched dakotalakes, solar baits (Mikko) and a few others. I like looking at the end result here in the gallery and some on Facebook. Maybe I should the way I paint. :whistle:

Dale

I watch a lot of videos.   Not to copy another persons paint schemes or colors but to learn techniques.    I can barely draw a stick figure, so to learn techniques  from different people is an awesome thing.  This video I learned how to do the spots.   That way I can one day replicate that technique if I wanted to paint a frog pattern.    My favorite to watch for entertainment value however, it Yellow Monday video from Lure Colour Studio

Ron

• Like 1

I finally had a chance to watch the video. If I was looking for a few things to take from it, it would be these. First one, did you hear him say he's shooting at 10 lbs? I shoot at 5-15 lbs just about all the time. The second is, the layering of different colors. This is great and you can get some interesting shade by using pearls, transparent and flouresents. The dots are nice and has been in posts here at TU in the past. Sponges, dabbing soft paper in other patterns turn out nice looks just to mention a few. I come here to learn. TU has sharpen my knowledge and thinking in general in many ways. We do have a cook book here for painting. It's at the top of Hard Bait room.

Dale

• Like 1