Jon P.

airbrush clear coat?

You can shoot Dick Nites as well - you need to thin it down to do so.  I use super cheap venturi style airbrush from HF that I opened the venturi on top of the jars slightly to get it to work... didn't want to use a good airbrush and have it cure in the brush.  Make sure to use a respirator - and I'd recommend doing it outside as well if you can.

J.

• Like 1

I've been shooting Dick Nites through a .3mm nozzle for a while now. I alternate between spraying it and brushing on Bob Smith epoxy. Just depends on what mood I'm in.

I've noticed that when you have a fresh can of DN it doesn't need to be thinned. After a few months it will start to thicken a bit and when it does I mix it with a little acetone to thin it.

If you give the DN a try be sure to read up on the storage issues as well as "tapping the can" dispersal method. I recently finished a can of DN that was close to 2 years old. Being able to store DN that long is only possible by "tapping the can".

Ben

• Like 2

Your CS stuff might be shootable but you need to know what solvent it can be thinned with.  I'd contact the manufacturer and ask them.  And yeah, don't forget to protect yourself from the aerosol spray.  No sense letting your hobby put you in the hospital.

• Like 2

I was pondering on spraying the clear coat. After posting a thread and getting this type of info, I decided to give it up. Respiratory issue is just not worth it. It's fine to do don't get me wrong if you get the right equipment and keep the equipment in proper condition. I think many people forget to keep the equipment in proper operating condition over time.

Dale

• Like 2