DoubleT

Hook Hangers and Line Ties

I have searched the forums looking for info on hook hangers and line ties. I would like to try my hand at a glide bait for muskies. I bought some stainless .092 closed eyes that are 1 1/2 inches long. Also, I have read where folks use cotter pins with a washer. Im having trouble understanding how the cotter pin and washer set up works. Can someone help me out with some info or maybe some pictures. Thanks.  

Double,

If you have any Suicks, or Reef Hawgs, you can see how they use the cotter pins. Drill a hole for the pin to slide through snugly. Cut one side of the pin to the depth of the bait.  The other side ends up sticking above the bait when you push it through. Bend an "L"'shape at the tip of it and bend it over and pound the tip into the top of the bait so it is flush.

Gotcha. That makes sense. This is what has me thrown though.  I have some custom gliders and it appears that the individual that made them used cotter pins for the hook hanger on the tail end of the bait and also one for the line tie. How do you suppose he bent the cotter pin on them? I wouldn't think they would be epoxied in on a 8 inch musky plug. Thanks for the info.