mocanic

core shot,

yes it is, but id be happy with just a solid shot in the middle, and not in the tail. like a dark inside a lighter color. Ive thought about just shooting into like a small break line as the core then putting it in the mold.

is there a better way, I haven't heard of a slide bar.

Edited by mocanic

7 hours ago, mocanic said:

yes it is, but id be happy with just a solid shot in the middle, and not in the tail. like a dark inside a lighter color. Ive thought about just shooting into like a small break line as the core then putting it in the mold.

is there a better way, I haven't heard of a slide bar.

The slide bar molds are very expensive and mostly production molds manufactured for multi cavities. The only slide bar mold that I know of for the hobby pourer, Baitjunkys makes. I'll post a link but I don't know anyone that has it and haven't seen any pics of the baits made from it. It's 65 bucks a cavity. I've been working an angle for a discount but it hasn't worked out yet:-)

http://www.shopbaitjunkys.com/Fat-TW-worm-6-Cavity-Slide-Bar-mold_p_728.html

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hpssports said:

BTSmolds also makes some slide bar molds.

Yup, he does, as do BassTackle. Neither of them however have a proper slide gate setup in them. They only have the single bar across the body and don't include the tail gate bar. This is essential in shooting a proper multi cavity core shot I am told. 

24 minutes ago, DaveMc1 said:

Yup, he does, as do BassTackle. Neither of them however have a proper slide gate setup in them. They only have the single bar across the body and don't include the tail gate bar. This is essential in shooting a proper multi cavity core shot I am told. 

How do the sliding bars allow a core shot?