Brentontrenney

Finding paint markers

12 hours ago, Brentontrenney said:

I just started making my own musky lures  use an airbrush to paint but then use a sharpie paint marker to do details, but when I put my topcoat on the marker runs and ruins the paint job,  does anyone know a better paint marker that doesn't run when putting the topcoat on, thanks guys

They are the oil based paint markers from sharpie. 

On 2/5/2017 at 11:37 AM, RayburnGuy said:

You could spray a coat of acrylic clear over the bait before you top coat it. This should seal the sharpie from the top coat. Just make sure the acrylic clear is cured before applying the top coat.

Ben

How long would it take for it to cure and could it be cured faster with a heat gun?

On 2/5/2017 at 10:22 AM, Brentontrenney said:

I just started making my own musky lures  use an airbrush to paint but then use a sharpie paint marker to do details, but when I put my topcoat on the marker runs and ruins the paint job,  does anyone know a better paint marker that doesn't run when putting the topcoat on, thanks guys

What top coat are you using? I bought some envirotex lite but haven't used it yet. The bait that I made recently, I used a regular black sharpie for some details. 

39 minutes ago, RayburnGuy said:

I use Createx clear for this purpose and treat it just as if it were another layer of paint by drying it with a heat gun. Takes the same amount of time as drying a layer of paint.

Ben

Ok. Thanks. I thought you were talking about applying a acrylic enamel from a spray can. 

Stopped by Michaels on the way home from work today and picked up a black Craft Smart paint pen. You can get them in several different tip widths. Priced right at just a couple bucks. I couldn't find anywhere on it that stated the type of paint that it is. The fella there said it's acrylic. Well will see how it works out. Hopefully all goes well. They had acrylic and oil based pens.