BHLures

A couple questions for mods about thread censoring

I tried contacting the admin with no response so I feel I have to post this.

Why was my Bears Bait thread taken down? There was nothing said in it that isn't true.  This is one of the only few places with enough traffic to get awareness out. Bear has a whole bunch of pissed off customers and he's still taking money and ignoring them! Is that not a big deal in our little world?

I would love to know if Bear is a paid sponsor here. It would be a very bad look on TU if they are willing to censor threads to hide a sponsor's lack of service. If thats not the case then please inform. No response from the admins is telling.

There were several posts by new customers that said they wished they had seen that first and ordered with someone else. THAT is the whole purpose of keeping the topic up! Let people decide for themselves if they're willing to wait instead of being forced to wonder and be ignored. We only have a handful of places to order from so it's something important that needs to be discussed.

So I'd love to hear your explanation.

Does TU not value the ethical treatments of its members?

Edited by BHLures
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BHLures said:

By the way, I'm not mad, this was not written in anger. I'm perplexed because this was an ongoing discussion by members about a topic in the bait making industry. An industry that I'm willing to spending my hard earned money in. It matters.

The topic was hashed out to death. Post were made concerning their displeasure and lack of communications w/ the supplier. You were warned if you read the thread completely. You make your own decision from whom you wish to buy from. Curt responded to the closure of the thread. Accept it and move onward.

Edited by smallmouthaholic
spelling

42 minutes ago, Frank said:

Read this carefully. If this does not come up you can find it from the home screen  

I read it. Thanks. 

It also answered my question of TU ethics on THIS topic. 

Please, delete if you feel members should not know these things before spending their money.

Thanks.

I removed the thread because of childish bickering.  Simple as that.  I think by now most members are aware of Bear's situation and his service.  No need to keep pushing it. 

I'm sorry that many people had bad experiences with Bear's.  I really am, but TU is a place to talk about tackle making, not the continual slandering of its members.  Take it up with the supplier. 

No Bear is not a paid sponsor on TU, and no.......I don't know Bear and have nothing to do with his business.   I would have removed that thread had it been directed towards ANY member. 

Now then.......we should let cooler heads prevail and move on to bigger and better things in 2017. 

Peace :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, smallmouthaholic said:

The topic was hashed out to death. Post were made concerning their displeasure and lack of communications w/ the supplier. You were warned if you read the thread completely. You make your own decision from whom you wish to buy from. Curt responded to the closure of the thread. Accept it and move onward.

So he commented, then shut it down? That's not how you tell someone you're closing their thread. I never saw it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, alsworms said:

I removed the thread because of childish bickering.  Simple as that.  I think by now most members are aware of Bear's situation and his service.  No need to keep pushing it. 

I'm sorry that many people had bad experiences with Bear's.  I really am, but TU is a place to talk about tackle making, not the continual slandering of its members.  Take it up with the supplier. 

No Bear is not a paid sponsor on TU, and no.......I don't know Bear and have nothing to do with his business.   I would have removed that thread had it been directed towards ANY member. 

Now then.......we should let cooler heads prevail and move on to bigger and better things in 2017. 

Thanks for the explanation, really. I get it, I don't agree with it, but I get it. Awareness was my only concern. Will gladly move on.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, alsworms said:

Delete the bickering remove the individuals from the site but leave important content of the thread.  This is an issue and one that has not been addressed. To delete the thread is a disservice to the members of the site and does not serve in the best interest of members looking for guidance towards vendors or trying to figure out what is going wrong. 

Edited by Travis
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Travis said:

Delete the bickering remove the individuals from the site but leave important content of the thread.  This is an issue and one that has not been addressed. To delete the thread is a disservice to the members of the site and does not serve in the best interest of members looking for guidance towards vendors or trying to figure out what is going wrong. 

At what point does the thread just become, "I'm still pissed!"?  

1 minute ago, mark poulson said:

Not that difficult to avoid.  I just think that much of the thread had merit and wasn't about being pissed.  Often the issue is that the thread is allowed to go off topic days in advance and doesn't get reeled.  It is fine to lock a thread, heck they frequently end up being about some of the most informative once you get rid of all the irrelevant tough talk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Not that difficult to avoid.  I just think that much of the thread had merit and wasn't about being pissed.  Often the issue is that the thread is allowed to go off topic days in advance and doesn't get reeled.  It is fine to lock a thread, heck they frequently end up being about some of the most informative once you get rid of all the irrelevant tough talk.

Agreed. They could remove any part of it they deem unproductive to the experience of the forum, close it from further comments, but leave the basic information up and let people decide for themselves. It had already proven to be affective in that regard.

Maybe we need a sub forum for this sort of thing, keeping suppliers on their toes!

Thats the last I have to say about it, I promise. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mark poulson said:

Can't believe it's still going. 

Look .......I've been screwed before and I know how you all feel.  You end up with no money and no product, and you want to TELL.  THE.  WORLD.  The problem is TU is not the place for that.  Picking and choosing which comments to keep and dump usually creates even more drama.  I'm sorry some of you don't feel that way.

As a moderator, it's not my job to help you all decide which supplier you purchase from.  It's my job to keep some kind of peace on here.   That can be difficult at times. 

I'm truly hoping that Bear comes through for you all, whether it be product or refund. 

Now let's move on :)

• Like 4