clemmy

Do you ever get jealous of other countrys' lure supply's?

I'm in the U.S., and I'm sure others might be jealous of our available supplies. But I always find myself a bit envious when I see what other places have available.

Many countries have a lot more legal fly tying supplies.

Australia has one, possibly 2 companies that cut custom bills/lips/bibs

Finland has the polycarbonate stepped lips

Japan has:

Reproduction Vintage lure hardware

a company that makes bespoke, engraved/polished/cut hardware like custom spinners, custom name badges, etc.

A company that cuts custom foil, with custom scale pattern, and you can even have color printed on.

etc., etc.

I've ordered multiple things from overseas, but never felt up to the custom stuff.

clemmy

Edited by clemmy
  • Like 1

I am sure that there are a lot of company's that would do what you  want done in the USA, that said quantity is always the problem in order to make any money for them. It would be nice if we could get together some how and maybe combine orders to make up the quantity, I realize that that would be hard to do, maybe like a co-op.  So keep looking and maybe you will find what you are looking for, or a company just might see the need in this country for what you and many others are looking for. 

Wayne

• Like 1

Musky Glenn -What's this guys name (ebay name), I will check it out for you, might even know him as I have spent a month there fishing, twice in the past 3 years- they do make some nice Trout lures down there.

I buy from the U.S all the time, never had a problem (bar one), postage from here is pretty much exactly the same as from U.S, run by the Government pretty reliable AND we just got rid of our version of  'Donald'  :lol:  :D.

Pete

• Like 2

Thanks hazmail, Let me know what you find out. The lures I am wanting is the kinami Crank bait in ghost shad color or watermelon shad color.

Seller information

100% Positive feedback

Kinami GHOST SHAD crankbait fishing lure NIP

AUD 6.30 Buy It Now 28d, AUD 8.50 Shipping, 14-Day Returns, eBay Money Back Guarantee: Get the item you ordered, or your money back!

Seller: justackle (11,822) 100%, Location: Burnie, Tasmania, Ships to: AU, Item: 262490791444 Description All are NIP with all hardware!! 1-Kinami GHOST SHAD crankbait The Kinami Crank is a medium diving crankbait which has a narrow lip which

Edited by Musky Glenn

Musky Glenn --Looks genuine to me, BUT  I thought you were buying a ''hand made lure'' not a  plastic, so have never heard of him.

I looked at his ebay site and it say's ''NIP'' which I am assuming ''means not in package ???'', also, he only ships within Australia, but I would send an email and ask if he ships O/S, a lot of times this is what I have done and usually find they will ship no problem, just extra postage cost (from US to me in  Au) unless you buy them in numbers which would cut the cost a bit--I also note they have them on Amazon, so maybe it's a bit cheaper for you to buy from there.

hope this helped .

Pete

Jealous of availability, customer service, shipping cost and exchange. 

Even though I live in the 4th largest city in Canada, local supplies are pitiful.

Canadian on-line retailers seem to think responding to an order within 2 weeks is OK, though I did find a decent lure parts supplier based in Canada I had to get over their circa 1990 ordering process, at least they were snappy and a decent price.

Shipping cost are in metric, double it and add thirty. And I thought we had a free trade deal.

Don’t get me started on the e-bay pirates J but pay close attention to the seller rating, you want to buy from someone with a good number of ratings over a while, the newer the more likely you will be dealing with a far east counterfeiter though that depends if they have figured out they can make a profit from what you are buying

• Like 1