DoubleT

Lure Eyes

It seems that I have seen online somewhere lure eyes that have a post that goes from eye socket to eye socket. I am currently using stick on eyes and dipping in clear plastisol. If I could find the 1/2 inch eyes with the post I would like to give them a try. It would eliminate dipping in clear plastisol. Thanks

Back when I was doing consistent posts called( Another Nutty Idea) I did a post where I used glass eyes that had a wire stem . I cut the wire and bent a hook on the end . The wire was cut just short of the center of the lure . then I put a drop of super glue on the wire . Jammed it through the plastic from both sides hooking the curled ends into each other. The force of the plastic against the back of the eye kept them attached . Glass eyes are quite a bit more expensive . You can find them on ebay.

On 2/8/2017 at 6:36 PM, 21xdc said:

Post some finished pics please.

I didn't use the tube for the eyes like I had originally planned. I put a piece of  metal clothes hanger through the mold from one eye socket to the other. Once the bait had cooled down I pulled the metal rod out and that left the hole for the eyes. I put some glue in the holes and inserted the eyes. Thanks for the link on the eyes. I got the 12 mm eyes but I think they may run a little small. Next time I will go with some a little bigger . 

IMG_3547.JPG

IMG_3548.JPG

IMG_3550.PNG

• Like 4