froggerbass

Frog feet brain freeze

Hey guys. I have a problem that I am hoping (hopping) to get some input on. I'm making a frog bait for myself and have gotten stuck on the pads (the feet). I have had problems in the past with corkscrew hitchhikers just drilling a hole in wood and epoxying them into the wood. With the frog design I'm doing the kicking feet will definitely pull those hitchhikers out. Open to suggestions on anchoring the hitchhiker corkscrews or open to other ideas altogether. Im sure the responses will be ribbiting.... thx

IMG_2842.JPG

The hook will be in that spot on the belly. I have not tried stainless keepers. Interesting thought.  To be clear,  what I had in mind if I could secure the keepers is putting something like a rage tail on there. But as I said in the past, just drilling a hole and running the wire of a keeper into the hole and epoxying the wire in has not held well. I did consider the screws, that generally works ok. I just wondered if there was an option or an idea I had missed that would keep from adding the weight of the screws. I basically want the bait to be a hard bait version of a zoom horny toad. Thx guys.

Edited by froggerbass