WallsOut

Plastic Stickng to Pot

I just bought some hot plates and pots which I got from Lurecraft. I've been heating my plastic in the microwave and then pouring the plastic into the pot and setting it on the burner to keep it hot. My problem is that some of the plastic likes to stick to the pot when I try to remove it after I let it cool. Is there an easy way to get it out or am I doing something wrong? I'm used to the pyrex where it just pulls right out.

Thanks

Eric

Hi Eric,

By "pots", I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the little tin cups? There are a few things to check here...............

First, if you are using the new style of cups, the plastics sticks. Those cups are made of stainless steel and I haven't figured out a way to keep it from sticking. If so, make sure you ask the folks at Lure Craft for the old wooden handle cups. They're made of aluminum and are much easier to work with.

If it's not the cup, high heat and constant re-heating will make the plastic stick too. Also, not sure what brand you're using, but MF sticks too. It's a nice plastic, but it's very difficult to pull out of the cups.

Thanks guys for the responses.

Yeah, they are the new stainless pots with the plastic handles. Is there away to clean the plastic out other than with worm softener? I don't have any of that stuff, I pour alot of saltwater baits. Could I use a wire brush on a drill? Looks like I might tear that pot up, pretty thin side walls.

Eric

I had nothing but trouble with the LC pots. I even had the wood handle ones. Every small cup I found either burned easily or couldn't pour a decent stream for long. The cup I found is large (over 2 cups) but it can't burn and always pours a clean stream. The lip is perfect and never clogs. It's made by farberware it has a thick clad bottom for even heat distribution. The only drawback is only one will fit on a burner so you need at least 2 burners if you are pouring more than one color. I know it sounds large but the handle is long stays cool and you can pour a needle thin stream if you need to. I heat my plastic in the microwave first and pour it into the pot that I have pre-heated. I can get the burner redhot and the thick bottom keeps the plastic from burning.

Make your own pot, i was unable to find a pot that suited my own needs so i made my own. I coffee can, what eversize you want, must be aluminum though. Then i used a handle off of an old pot laying around. you can also create the stream you want by bending the front then using whatever sized screwdriver and bend a pouring lip. It aint pretty but it works fine and it is free.