Mr B

Gami 604 Jig Hook, undersized?

Hey guys, I received my first order of Gami 604, 90° Jig hooks from Barlows.  They seem very small for the sizes I ordered.  Either that or maybe mislabeled.  They fit perfectly in the appropriate slots in my new Do It Underspin mold, but man they are sized small.  If anyone has the 5/0 or 4/0 can you measure the gap (point to shaft) and let me know please?  I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Brent

I can tell you this from past experience, and that is that almost all the Gami bass hooks and some 90 degree hooks all seem to run small. Gamakatsu does not seem to follow the same standards as EC or Mustad. Some guys like  the smaller profile that Gami offers. It is a love, hate relationship. So to answer your question, yes they do seem small compared to their competitors, however that is relative to the person buying them.

Ok, thanks.  That's what I thought.  I have always been a big Owner Fan.  Almost all my baits have owners in them.  I just got the new Underspin mold and wanted to start with the recommended hooks.  Guess I will be modifying this mold like all my others lol.  Thanks Cad.