gliders

History of tackleunderground

I really enjoy reading this. I also wish I started doing this hobby ealier.

Something that I notice while the upgrade was going on was that for a second once and awhile I saw Asian writing on the screen. Is there a TU site for different languages? Better for communication I would think. 

With being stated how did you learn english Nathan? You being from another planet in all!  :whistle:

Dale

Long time no see guys.

I'm alive and sorry to be anxious about me, Pete:)

Recently I rather like to go trekking than fishing:P

I am one of the members from TackleMaking .com. Many years ago, Erik, the owner of the site asked me to get a tutorial of lure making from my personal site, and this is how I participate in TM. I've had a pleasant time and  learned a lot of things from other members.

Hiro 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Hiro said:

Long time no see guys.

I'm alive and sorry to be anxious about me, Pete:)

Recently I rather like to go trekking than fishing:P

I am one of the members from TackleMaking .com. Many years ago, Erik, the owner of the site asked me to get a tutorial of lure making from my personal site, and this is how I participate in TM. I've had a pleasant time and  learned a lot of things from other members.

I have remade my personal site (the link below) for the beginners. (Some of the links are old and not valid, sorry.)

FishOn

Hiro 

Welcome back!

Woodie, you help many here, I'm one of them. I agree in the moderators allowing  somewhat of a lose rope.

Hiro, I have heard much about you from others here and that you haven't been heard from for awhile. Welcome back and will be reading your posts.

Dale

Edited by SW Lures

I am a newbie here but I enjoy learning about the history of this site. I found this site while looking for information about building crankbaits. I read through a ton of posts and lurked for a while then decided to join. This site has a ton of info available and a great member group that are willing to help others learn. 

Thank you to all past and present that keep this site growing!

I hardly ever visit the hard baits section because........quite frankly.........your talent scares me!  LOL

But I happened to notice this thread and got me thinking........man times have changed! 

Nate......please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we were one of the first half dozen or so members?   Sure is awesome to see what has become of the site!

So true Jeff,

I started making wood Baits around 1992 when I was in my early 30’s...Now I’m 57..No internet...very few How to books..just a lot trial and error...I wouldn’t give up any of those lessons learned through failure..Then in 2001 a site called Tackle Making popped up.With it came the uniting of people from around the world with the common interest of learning and improving their craft...as they say..the rest is history.

I’ve been so lucky to meet you and so many others through this addicting hobby we call lure making..Nate

3 minutes ago, gliders said:

Good grief, you guy's are hardly old ! Your making me feel young now, a mere spring chicken at 50.............Unfortunately the life expectancy for males in my country is 42  - so I'm in the red..

Go fishing more Glider.  You know what they say, every day spent fishing extends your life by one day.  

I believe this, it is my story, I AM STICKING TO IT.  Wow, I think I am going fishing now.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, gliders said:

Go od grief, you guy's are hardly old ! Your making me feel young now, a mere spring chicken at 50.............Unfortunately the life expectancy for males in my country is 42  - so I'm in the red..

P.s , made the life expectancy bit up to cheer up the old geezers ...

Edited by gliders

I'm not one of the first here, but I joined in 2005.  I just got the internet about 2 years prior to finding Tackle Underground. At the time I was pouring lead jigs and experimenting with powder paint. Powder painting was in its infancy, and I was the first to do 4 to 5 color process with powder paints. It started out as a challenge from a member on here named George Reeves. I told him that I could do multi color painted jigs with powder paint. He told me that he didn't believe me. Well I sent him my jigs and he was actually amazed. That is when the multi-color powder painting took off. Another member on here Smalljaw, was also experimenting with multi-colors at that time, however he brought the powder air brush concept to this site. Him and I still talk regularly on this site. He is a person with a vast knowledge of jigs, hooks and tying  fur and other hair on jigs.

Finally, for several years we used to have a tackle get together at Nathan's house. I attended  one with my wife in 2009 in MO. We all had a great time. I also raffled off some pink spinnerbaits shown below. Theme was "If you were man enough to fish pink".  Lot of great memories and great people.

DSC_0873.JPG

Edited by cadman