walleye warrior

Matzou jig hook 152

Thanks for the responses! Shorty's is out of this hook, Barlows has them at retail pricing.  I am a Manufacturer with all my paperwork, I do not love the quality from Matzou but they are the only company making a heavy wire sickle hook. And that is what the customer wants.

If Eagle Claw would make a larger and heavier sickle hook the world would be good

The Owner 5304 isn't a sickle but the deep throat does the same thing, and that is hold once the point penetrates. You are looking at a high dollar amount but you pass it along to the customer if they have to have that style of hook. BTW, most guys don't understand what the bends of hooks are for, most will want a certain hook because of brand name parroting or because a hook "looks different."

EDIT: I forgot, if you can get away with a 30 degree hook, Mustad makes the 32850 which has a sickle style bend.

Edited by smalljaw

5 hours ago, smalljaw said:

The Owner 5304 isn't a sickle but the deep throat does the same thing, and that is hold once the point penetrates. You are looking at a high dollar amount but you pass it along to the customer if they have to have that style of hook. BTW, most guys don't understand what the bends of hooks are for, most will want a certain hook because of brand name parroting or because a hook "looks different."

EDIT: I forgot, if you can get away with a 30 degree hook, Mustad makes the 32850 which has a sickle style bend.

Thanks Small jaw,

After 3 phone calls I have found out that the Hooks I am wanting were a special run Matzou did (25,000) Barlows is the only one left with the 4/0 size i need. So I purchased 2000, that will get me through this spring and next year I will offer the jig with a different hook. The Walleye anglers on the Detroit and Saginaw rivers like the bend in the hook because their stinger hook stays in place better. 

Thank You all for the input!