Backlash85

Rago style pour & colors

Would like to hear some thoughts on how this bait is produced. I really like the colors and style of the bait. I don't want to take anything away from this killer bait maker just trying to wrap my head around how to achieve some of these color combinations along with the type of material used to cast this style of baits. I want to grow my knowledge in order to explore more creation options and nail down a nice process. 

Rago Velvick BV3D swimbait-Rago BV3D 7 inch light hitch-big.JPG

Rago Velvick BV3D swimbait-Rago BV3D 7 inch ghost trout-big.JPG

My guess is he carves the original from wood and then has an aluminum mold made or he clear coats the original in epoxy and then makes a two part TV silicon mold. 

Watch Solarbaits Shudder Tail video on YouTube and u will see this process. He is an amazing craftsman. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Landry said:

My guess is he carves the original from wood and then has an aluminum mold made or he clear coats the original in epoxy and then makes a two part TV silicon mold. 

Watch Solarbaits Shudder Tail video on YouTube and u will see this process. He is an amazing craftsman. 

That guy has the patience of Job, and he clearly has never heard of coffee.  He is fun to watch.

On 2/28/2017 at 9:06 PM, Backlash85 said:

Would like to hear some thoughts on how this bait is produced. I really like the colors and style of the bait. I don't want to take anything away from this killer bait maker just trying to wrap my head around how to achieve some of these color combinations along with the type of material used to cast this style of baits. I want to grow my knowledge in order to explore more creation options and nail down a nice process. 

My guess is a hand pour of two or more layers. Internals could be with colors painted on. Difficult to say the least.

On 3/18/2017 at 7:04 PM, edgecrusher said:

Could it be a 3+ piece mold. Inject or pour one layer, add another mold piece, inject or pour that one, then connect the final piece and do the same?

I think you've got the right idea.  There's too much detail for any kind of a hand pour, and your way seems like the only way to do production.