zx250

BTS Molds

You would think that is the case but if we were his bread and butter he would  answer the questions. Sorry to say we are lucky to have him to do this work. He makes production molds and I am guessing he takes care of that first. At 6-10k a mold it takes a lot of small ones to make that up. Just my thoughts. And he makes a great mold. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DaBehr said:

Well...if they keep having such poor customer service...they won't busy!

Maybe.  This maybe only a small piece of the business plan.  Not sure though.  Some pretty good molds he produces. Agree with Frank.  Hard telling what else he/they cut.

Ordered a mold from him on 1/16/2017, they took my money right away and got emailed a receipt. February 16th I started emailing him - nothing, next I called him - couldnt leave a message as the message box on the phone was full, sent messsages to him on facebook and no reply. I am now in my 7th week of waiting for my mold - I will contact my credit card company on Monday and see what they can do for me and if possible reverse the charge. What a horrible horrible way to do business, I dont care if this guy is a one man show or sooo very busy, he needs to take time and either post a message on either his business page or on his facebook page telling his customers that there is a back log, not just ignore them outright.

I will never ever order from this guy again, ever.

Edited by bobothewizard
  • Like 1

Good idea, those are some fairly common molds you are looking for. Might be able to get a do-it mold for them from barlows or janns net craft. The only reason I ordered from BTS was he was the only one I could find that made a minnow twisty tail type mold.

Edited by bobothewizard

1 hour ago, zx250 said:

Thanks guys.  I will look else where to buy some molds.  I am looking for a baby brush hog and a paca chunk type trailer.

I have a bass tackle baby brush hog mold & it is top notch. I really like it. Check it out.

There are a some mold makers who only service the hobbyist bait pourer, there are a some others who service the hobbyist pourers and the mass production guys and a third group who service the hobbyists, mass producers AND the aerospace and the firearms industry.   How quickly they answer the phone or emails about your $100 2 cavity mold depends on which group of machinists they fall in to.  Normally hobbyist molds are the lowest priority.  

None of the good machinists are going to starve if you don't order a mold from them.  I spoke to one who said he was seriously thinking about not doing any more special sales because he would get swamped with orders and then people would bitch about the time frame.

• Like 2

This guy has good molds but zero customer service HE WILL NOT return emails or phone calls. I purchased 4 times each purchase was almost 2 months to get the mold the last two molds where flawed so badly i couldn't shoot them. I had to contact my bank to get his attn and i did almost instantly pretty sad when you have to go that far. I don't care how good his molds are they are not worth it i learn the hard way. I do not recommend anyone spend their hard earned money with this guy. The worse business man iv'e ever done business with. I wanted the bait he had so i spent almost 2 thousand dollars and had another guy make the same mold cost me but problem solved best money ever spent. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Baitjunkys said:

wrong, you might wait. but not all of them wont answer or call you back..

Agree. Ive reached out to Baitjunky's, Do-It, AI, and Bass Tackle at one point or another and all of those guys have gotten back to me in a timely manner. Also probably why I only look to them for my molds any more.

• Like 3

Wish I would have checked on here before placing an order with BTS molds.Placed an order back in the first of Feb.,and as everyone else,you can call-no answer the recorder is full-email and never a reply.Finally got a phone number from a company in the same building(hated to do it but asked about BTS and was told they see him daily).I asked if he would deliver my phone number to him as I had a question about my order.Was told the next day ( Feb. 27) that he had given my message to BTS.Now it's March 5, and still no reply.I would not recommend this company to anyone.If I don't receive my molds,it will be a lesson well learnt.Anyone looking for quality molds check out baitmold.com,4 week delivery,but,they are producing great shooting molds and do custom work at a reasonable price.Sorry to bad mouth an American company,but,will never suggest BTS to anyone.It only takes a moment to have someone pick up the phone and call the customer.Thanks for the info on such a poor customer service company,just wished I would have checked on his reputation sooner.