fishon-son

tournament bags

is there a great    bag out there that will hold up to folding and putting it back in the boat   .. i go thur 3/4 a year last 3 yrs..ive tried sprayin the outsides down with pam  but still seams to crack and leak....bass are most of the fish  with walleyes going in second   bass go back to the lake walleyes come home ..i have a outside stainless steel table for cleaning  the fish are hung in the bag til its there turn then water is dumped out bag is washed out hung upside down till dry then put back in the boat   . boat is garage keep.....ive tried the cheaper berkely bags that worked best  and the more costly bags that just cant do it.. my issues are cracks in the corners  maybe im doing something wrong...

I have two heavy black bags in my boat from Bass Pro Shops that have been folded and tossed in a compartment for several years.  They don't get used much because most of the tournaments I fish require that you use their provided bags.  They don't go thru bags though either.  I did the same thing when I ran tournaments.  I required anglers to use my bags.  I had 10 of them, but I only put out five at a time to limit the number of fish in bags and limit the time that they were out of the livewell before they went back in the river.  I gave most of those away as souvenirs (club logo) when I quit running tournaments, but I still have a few of them hanging on the wall in the shop.  I used them for 6 or 7 of the 8 years I ran tournaments.  They are still ok.  I used to fold them up and put them in a tote box and then put my scale in on top of them. 

Anyway, I've had quality bags last for years. 

Now the cheap plastic bags that you get several in a bag or as promotional bags from your local boat dealer don't last as long.  I'll post some pictures of my bags later when I am out in the shop if I think of it. 

Maybe folding them up "tight" with stuff piled on top or having them wedged between tackle trays is the difference.  The compartment I store mine is is mostly loose stuff, and they tend to sit on top. 

I don't fish walleye tournaments, so maybe its the different slime?  LOL. 

Edited by Bob La Londe