gliders

Things given to lure builders

On a lighter note than death jig above,for those who mess about making tools etc. ,for lure building ,I'm sure you'll have been given all sorts. For example you can't have enough tool steel, stainless steel and whatnot. So I was given these , any guesses what they are ? .suggested uses ?........glider

20170302_233934.jpg

Serious guess this time; I'd say you have a couple of old bone chisels.  Look up "osteotomes" and you may find a few similar pics.

If they are, ironically they may not be very useful as chisels.  Stainless can be a pain to sharpen, and keep sharp.

Bingo ! Pathology chisels. Given to a family member with the words -" don't know if these any use to your brother, a bit worn out" . Gave me the heebie jeebies. Might make a deadly lure though. 

Edited by gliders
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, gliders said:

Might make a deadly lure though. 

Absolutely!  I don't think you have any other option.  What an awesome story it would be: "Oh, that one?  I carved that with a couple of pathology chisels."  (Side-note: if anyone asks "Why?" then they shouldn't get to use it, in my opinion.)

Otherwise, I'm at a loss on any suggested alternative uses.  I have more than my fair share of random tools for random tasks, but not sure where to turn on these.