Les Young

Update: Violet 193 turning red issues cured

I finally figured the turning red issues out with spikeits violet 193 colorant. I stayed with the same exact recipie which was 6 drops in 4 ounces of plastic. Then heated for 1 minute & stirred then  heated for 15 seconds & stirring & then heating  another 15 seconds & stirring again, but then after thinking about it being heat sensitive like some of you all said i threw it in very cold ice water as soon as i took it out of the mold. Within 2 minutes i saw a huge difference with way less of a red tint. I hung the baits up in my unheated garage & in a couple of hours  when i looked at them again they looked completely normal with a good dark body which let the glitter look exactly like it does with every  other color i make & the appendages have a kind of  ultraviolet purple look i was wanting.I actually thought about trashing this colorant because it was driving me out of my mind lol , but i was bound & determined to do everything i could to figure it out & glad i did.  Thanks guys for all the help & suggestions. I appreciate it.

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 3