BigBaitB

Swimbait tail twistin. Need help

I have 2 different swimbait molds one from lurecraft I forget what number and the 8" ribbed swimbait from stankx and I can't get either of the tails to swim without twisting. My thoughts are to use saltwater plastic or add more salt to make it stiffer. Hoping someone else has ran into and fixed this before me. Any help would be great

Can't change the design, so your only option is to change the plastic

Try one step up from what you're using now... If soft, try medium.. If medium, try hard.... Or  get some hardener and custom mix it yourself 

Ive never used saltwater plastic, but I think it's even harder than regular hard plastic.... I wouldn't think you'd need to go that extreme

And I think adding salt would actually make the action worse.... Adding salt only adds weight.... Making a heavier bait could offset the "keel" effect provided by the hook

Not an expert!We make swim baits from lurecraft mold's and lurecraft 500 saltwater.No problem's except we cannot make enough.Friend's keep me cleaned out espically during tour season LOL!!They ask for the lurecraft plastic!!The best plastic made."our two cent's.Have tried just about evryone else because of price!!Not bashing anyone!! just what we have found.Poured some baits from someother plastic maker yesterday to soft baits,Tails would not work slow speed or high speed.Plasic is every thing. ordered MF's salt water plastic 2nd to Lurecraft and a good deal right now can buy 2 gallon's for 100's dollars.also ordered the MF 464.Really liked this plastic and price a little cheaper than salt water.Not an expert.Am sure their are better deal's.This is what we have tried.Hope this help's

Edited by crappie fisherman