Willie Rip

Full moon fishing

6 posts in this topic

I've always had better luck just off full moon and just off dark of the moon.  In my defense, the moon in the opening shot I see for your video looks like its not quite full or just off. 

I don't remember which, but you're right I've noticed the day before and the day after a full moon works well. The same with the new moon. In fact I don't fish unless it's the week of the full or new moon. For me it isn't worth the gas money.

Edited by Willie Rip

When I am fishing tough fish, the night time 1 to 3 days before or 1 to 3 days after the full or new moon seem to turn on some monsters.  Case in point is some winter/early spring Walleye in Washington State up to 15 pounds. 

But, for me, the best time to go fishing is when I can get off and my wife lets me.  LOL

The worst thing that can happen is to NOT go fishing and find myself watching TV or working instead.  :(

Anglin, that's about how I am. I figure plan the whole week of the new moon and full moon and forget the rest.

8 hours ago, Willie Rip said:

Anglin, that's about how I am. I figure plan the whole week of the new moon and full moon and forget the rest.

I cannot forget the rest, I just adapt and still catch fish.  Perhaps not the biggest, but I do OK.