Lgonzo20

Help!

I took the poison tail mold and did ex. what you are looking for. All you have to do is put a rubber skirt collar on the hook and position it on the hook so that it will keep the lead from going down the hook shaft to the bait keepers. Then you paint and work up your head with a paint job you want. There are two our three ways to put a keeper  on your hook shaft to hold the bait on.  I have tied on the hook shaft many diff. materials just use what is handy for you. A word to the wise. it doesn't take much to hold on a bait, so keep it on the small size. This system works great and you don't have to mess with the screw locks. Good luck STEVE

The Rugby head is a squashed down football head,  there shouldn't be much difference in performance using a round head. If you use the round head you can get the shaky head mold without the screw lock, and then instead of using the 32789 Mustad you can use the Mustad 38109, it is a 45 degree flat eye hook in the EWG style you want and you rig it just like any other shaky head. The difference in the rugby head is the shaky head jig will have a lead collar to hold the bait on instead of the offset shank like the rugby head. To me that is your best bet unless you get your Rugby heads and make your own mold.

I have to ask, is there a reason you don't want the screw lock?  Before I started making my own shaky heads, I tried everything from the Fin-Tech Title shot to the Buckeye Spot remover and the one I like the best was the Cumberland Pro Lures shaky head, basically the same as the Do-it  round head, flat eye hook shaky head.  The biggest reason is the screw lock, it takes an extra second to rig but the only way the worms come off is if they rip, I've been able to catch 11 fish on a single GYCB Senko fished on a shaky head with a screw lock. I do know that those that use Z-Man Elaztech plastic have a tough time and I can understand that, but I just personally prefer the screw lock but hey, we all fish differently, good luck with your search.