Remy52

Bullnose SwimBaits

I true my trying to understand what your problem is, a bait or just a tail. A picture would be helpful. I have some idea's if it the tail only. You have to have a glue in area I would think. That's where to look at. Like using two pieces of wood clamped down to hold. At that point you can vise it down.

If it's the bait I know how to.

Dale

Edited by DaleSW
Typo

DaleSW 

I've rigged up a clamp and turnbuckle that looks like it's going to work. I'll get some pictures tomorrow and attach them. I'd still like some other options. I like the idea of hot glue but I'm just not seeing it. I'd like to hold it so I can paint this tail, but then I have the issue of what clear to apply. I may actually try some Spike it instead of paint. May not have to apply clear then. 

Thanks 

Looks like your doing fine, very nice work. Yep the helping hands work well, but Ben gave me one better for swim baits if the tail is fitted with a hook only. I modified it a bit tho. I made a jig for painting that I use a rubber band to keep the bait taught while painting. That is a difficult looking bait for that way.

Dale

The blanks actually come with the fiber tail, so I don't have to worry myself with that process. There are a couple suppliers for the bullnose. One is http://avidbasstackle.com the other one I have found is Shelts. I purchase a lot of my blanks from Avid, good service nice blanks reasonably priced,

• Like 2