MonteSS

Overspray

Lower air pressure, thinner paints, finer consistent pigments (higher end paints),  and a clean brush/needle.  Working closer to the bait will also help but you need good control of your brush and low pressure.  Stencils and working on at times technique in regards to angles you are spraying at will also help.  

• Like 2

I usually use Createx and as you know each color is different in thickness. I thin with water. Should I be using something else?

I remove the tip and nozzle and wipe the tip of the needle to clean after a session. Do I need to take the needle out?

I usually spray 18-20 psi. Any lower and it tends to spit.

I really need to see someone more experienced paint with the gun closer and less pressure. I know I am pretty heavy handed.

ty

Createx makes a reducer. Few drops in a regular size bowl will make a difference. When I reduce the paints I may shoot around 10 psi. I really believe that I can go that low because of the amount of reserve air (cf) @ whatever pressure that I'm at. Constant pressure makes a smoother spray.

Dale

11 hours ago, MonteSS said:

I usually use Createx and as you know each color is different in thickness. I thin with water. Should I be using something else?

I remove the tip and nozzle and wipe the tip of the needle to clean after a session. Do I need to take the needle out?

I usually spray 18-20 psi. Any lower and it tends to spit.

I really need to see someone more experienced paint with the gun closer and less pressure. I know I am pretty heavy handed.

ty

I do that after every color change. Takes 20 seconds..Yes, you have to pull the needle to get the paint off. 

• Like 1

Thin with the Createx reducer. For cleaning between colors I use water. With bottom feed brushes keep a bottle with clean water and touch it to the feed, remove , spray till dry, repeat till clean.  This is very fast and effective. Final cleaning (after session) is done with airbrush restorer. Using a booth with a fan helps with overspray. Properly  reduced , transparent and Wicked detail colors should spray in single digit PSI. 

• Like 2