TMatherne

Mesh for Scales

Because lures come in so many sizes and patterns, it pays to have a variety on hand. Here is my approach to mesh.

On the top of my spray booth I have several lengths of swim noodles cut in 1/2 and glued to the booth. Then 8" lengths of 3/8" dowels are inserted into the foam (not glued). Onto these, a variety of fabrics / materials are cut into long strips and wound. The lelftover material goes into a bag in my closet.  These are organized into 4 categories: Bath sponge, Diamond, Hexagonal, and special. They are then organize on the dowels by group and size (X fine, fine, medium, and coarse). 

Sound expensive? It's not. I keep my eyes open for materials I can use. Most of them are free - like the little bags that garlic comes in. Material bought in fabric stores often cost $2 -$4 /yard. A yard will paint thousands of lures. I doubt that I have $20 invested in the whole setup.

• Like 1

The link to Amazon is showing 4mm I believe that is about the same size as 1/8 of an inch hole in the mesh that's gonna be bigger than what your looking for I think a mm is .039 inches so you probably need like a 2mm mesh fabric