BassJunky

Things I learned during my first pour

I know there is a bunch of newbies on here (like me) so I though I'd share some of my findings from my first pour session 

1) The tip of the Injector is hotter and stays hotter then the body of the injector - yep, its hot, watch your fingers while trying to clean out the tip

2) A little Glitter Goes a long way!  - I was surprised how little glitter I need to use and by my second pour of the day I was using about a third of what i expected

3) Patience - even when I thought the mold was full I had it suck down on me a few times leaving me with dented baits . I learned to wait a bit longer and top things up.

4) Dont forget your note book! - yep I drove to my works machine shop to do my first pour and sure enough I forgot a few things including a note book. I tried to keep up using my phone but it ended up saying "screw it" and just having fun

5) Keep your ventilator on when pouring not just heating - I know it sounds dumb but I noticed I would wear the mask while heating and stiring but took it off when pouring, and proceeded to lean in to improve accuracy and get a few deep breaths of hot plastic fumes.

I know there is plenty more and Im guessing I will come away with more each and every session, but 

IMG_0179.JPG

IMG_0190.JPG

Edited by BassJunky
  • Like 1