Chuck Young

New lure pics from 2017 contest

Chuck those are some great looking baits. Good use of Maribou on last crank bait, don't know how that will look in the water but nice in photo. I really had to look for something to complain about and it is more about spinner baits in general than it is about yours. You see it in commercials all the time. The spinner bait is coming through the water, the blade arm and line are in a straight line and the hook is hanging straight down out of the skirt. I don't know if a bass cares but that always bothered me. To get a spinner bait to run straight through the water you need to bend the arm to the head so the head is more parallel with the blade arm. It closes up some space between head and blade but really doesn't hamper hooking. I always thought a spinner bait should be shaped more like a buzz bait. All the spinner baits I tie for myself are the same way and I just bend the wire where it comes out of the head. Yours look like very nice spinner baits.