jcool3

Best way to attach 3D molded eyes to soft plastics?

I'm far from an expert with plastics but I can help here.  First thing is the clear plastic dip to seal the eyes, while it isn't necessary you'll find your eyes will fall off rather quickly so I think you don't add eyes unless you use dip the bait in clear to seal them. As for glue, it depends on whether you are going to seal the eyes and what brand of eyes you are using. Cheap eyes from ebay or other places will require glue to hold them in place otherwise they will come off when dipping in the clear plastic. WTP eyes which are a little more expensive have a good adhesive back and will hold well enough that you won't need glue, unless you want to use them without dipping the bait in clear plastic. If you really don't want to seal the eyes then a glue like Pro's soft bait glue will hold any eye on for a bit but even then they might not stay on too long.

https://www.ispikeit.com/product/330/fix-a-lure-glue

This is also  a great option. I use it with self adhesive eyes too. 

https://www.ispikeit.com/product/677/clearasol-4650

This is also a great option for dipping with but it is very soft so I do not use it for all applications. I dip top water frogs in plastisol and some swim baits in clearasol.

Quick note there are no 3d lure eyes either made in America or in china that will stay on a bait without some kind of help be it glue or clear dipping period!!Don't believe it,though most the American made eyes are far superior for sure its just a small matter of time before they fall off also,I have used super glue,the cheap stuff and it worked fine,we dip ours in clear plastic

On 3/30/2017 at 0:52 PM, jcool3 said:

I am using the cheaper ebay eyes.   Any tricks to having the eyes curve to follow the shape of the plastic?

Eyes stick out on the edges.

I  tie flies and have the same concern.

What I do is press them against the handle of an artist paint brush to shape them.

Hope this helps.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:43 PM, Bogbaits said:

Quick note there are no 3d lure eyes either made in America or in china that will stay on a bait without some kind of help be it glue or clear dipping period!!Don't believe it,though most the American made eyes are far superior for sure its just a small matter of time before they fall off also,I have used super glue,the cheap stuff and it worked fine,we dip ours in clear plastic

What kinda plastic are talking about , I’m new to this and don’t know much but learning 

On 3/31/2017 at 9:43 PM, Bogbaits said:

What kinda plastic are talking about , I’m new to this and don’t know much but learning