BassJunky

Casting Resin Help

I might be headed in the wrong direction here but hopefully someone can set me straight. I have made a few silicone molds from hand made baits as well as some from some baits I've frankensteined from other baits. I now want to pour some type of casting resin (or otherwise) into the molds to make copies I can sand down and adjust prior to making a new silicone mold of the (hopefully) improved bait. 

Which casting resin is best suited to sanding and drilling, chiseling? maybe its not even a resin at all? 

I've used urethane casting resin for AeroMarine with good success.  They are local for me so I don't have to have things shipped.  It's one that pours clear and cures "off-white".  Easy to sand and shape, like a hard wood.  It also becomes somewhat flexible if heated and can be "bent".  I've also used an orange casting wax.  Different than plain paraffin in that it doesn't shrink or expand as much during cooling.  That works fine too, just not "sandable" but you can re-use it (by melting) and instead of sanding just scrape with a knife.  Also can get a smooth finish by passing it in front of a flame.  Last, I 've also used ordinary hot glue that's made for hot glue guns.  That seems to work ok too, but not as easy to modify as the wax since it stays flexible.