danielson

plasic in microwave

i have been using a pourasal product and using heat stabilizer and i can not keep the product from foaming,  i am hand pouring so my first several baits end up cloudy or discolored at the top of bait , i am not overheating the product and the company said it is fine for hand pouring ,  any help or should i try another company, i tried m-f and had great looking baits but the cost is higher ???

I tried a couple brands that foamed like that and eventually went back to MF.  If you want to stay with your current brand, I have a resolution, although it sounds crazy. 

Go to Home Depot and get Zep brand no foam.  I believe it comes in like an 8 to 10 ounce jug, and it's actually intended to be used in carpet cleaners.  If memory serves me right, I used a couple cap fulls in a gallon of plastic.  Solved the problem, and didn't effect the plastisol in any way. 

btw.....that problem drove me nuts until I discovered that!

Good luck :)

• Like 1

thank you , when i talked with company they played dumb and said they do not know what could be wrong ,,,, i am done with pourasol and i just ordered a 5 gallon bucket from m-f  and i was amazed at how many new products they are now offering, they have a slow fall and a new product called easy stretch that is supposed to be awesome,,,, will be trying it,,

2 hours ago, danielson said:

alsworms ,, i went to home depot and they did not have any no foam, i called zep and they never heard of it , do you know the actual name of product or could it be another brand, i googled it and can not get a hit on any thing ???

Yeah I'm sure it was Zep, but that was several years ago.  Could be discontinued.  Here's one that looks to be a generic formula. 

https://www.sancoind.com/store/en/no-foam

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, danielson said:

thanks mark, i have tried heat stabilizer with this product and it is degassed but still foams or bubbles ,, i am making a switch,, another question ????   what is the best scent or worm oil for swim baits ,, 

I am a hobby pourer, so bear that in mind when you're reading my reply.

I spray my two piece molds,  both aluminum and POP, with spray PAM before each injection.

Since I add some salt to my stick baits,  I don't use scent.

I dip my swimbait tails in garlic chartreuse Spikeit, so they have a garlic scent when I fish them.

So I am using garlic scent, but not in my pours.

Edited by mark poulson

5 minutes ago, danielson said:

thanks mark, like the idea of spraying with pam, maybe i will try the butter flavor !! lol  buttered swim baits ,, i think i have a new name for my swim bait product ,,,  once i get on a roll i will send you sample !!

Hahaha.  I used to be able to buy garlic flavored PAM, so I got the garlic scent and lubricant at the same time.  I can't find it anymore.

thanks slammingjack , finally someone else that agrees with me that there is a problem with their plastic , it is called pourasol but not from baitjunkies just to be clear , it is from another company  i will not name ,,, i was told it was degassed and fine to microwave and handpour but that is not the case and you are right when you say it smells awful ,, going back to m-f ...