Cub48

Help with Silver Please!!!!

Hi Guys 

I am looking for a bright silver for my blue /ice . Everything i have tried is too dark or not bright enough. I have tried silver pearl powder, Silver Minnow paint, silver pearl paint, chrome silver is the closest i have come up with by MF. but none is a bright silver. What i made tonight looked more like blue /thunder or blue smoke i have added more and less it is either to low or too dark what i mean by too low is don't show up enough , any help would be great Thanks Cub48

When u put white in it it gets more gray than silver. I have been looking on line and the only thing i have found so far is, MF has come out with a lite silver but their shipping was too high at $17.00 to ship $23.00 worth of product. What i was ordering would fit in a $5.00 UPSP box.  Frank i am just wanting a good bright silver not as bright as silver glitter but close. The color of aluminum would be great. Next thing i may try is like edgecrusher said maybe get the smallest silver glitter  and try it. Only thing when u put enough glitter to make it silver it makes the bait tear up easier. The silver pearl power i bought looks dark silver i tried a small amount and it was too clear doubled it and it was like smoke. The only thing i have close is i have some MF silver i bought from someone else that will make the best i have come up with but 1 oz at $3.99 is the only way u can get it. Next question does anyone know what kind of paint this is we are using in the plastic ? Thanks everyone Cub48

Have you tried the liquid silver from MF? Without a picture it is hard to know what you are looking for. As for shipping from MF they have always been fair with me and only charge what they get charged.  If you notice they don't take the money from you till it ships and the total usually changes, at least for me it does. 

i have one silver from MF it is the best i have . But i can't afford over $40.00 for 4   bottles of paint 1 pint and 3 2oz bottles . when i went to the cart to order shipping was over 17.00 .  They are losing business because when i go to the cart to place an order and the shipping is this high i go somewhere else.  Because when i know these bottles will fit in a 5.00 post office box i will not pay that price for shipping. i might call and see if they can do better. I will put some pics on this afternoon if i have time. Cub48

1 hour ago, Cub48 said:

i have one silver from MF it is the best i have . But i can't afford over $40.00 for 4   bottles of paint 1 pint and 3 2oz bottles . when i went to the cart to order shipping was over 17.00 .  They are losing business because when i go to the cart to place an order and the shipping is this high i go somewhere else.  Because when i know these bottles will fit in a 5.00 post office box i will not pay that price for shipping. i might call and see if they can do better. I will put some pics on this afternoon if i have time. Cub48

IMG_0204.JPG

IMG_0200.JPG

IMG_0202.JPG

Frank here are a few pic's The plastisol is the color that is close to what i am wanting but would like it to be brighter. did this with the MF silver that is in the pic on my finger the other pic is silver pearl that looks more like gray pearl. I have bought 3 or 4 other pearls or paints that supposed to be silver but were not. Minnow silver paint one supposed to be silver pearl and it looks white pearl.   That is the reason i am looking for a real aluminum color silver that will be that color. Look at your molds that is the color i am looking for. Cub48

30 minutes ago, Baitjunkys said:

Who has 5.00 postal boxes? Small flats 6.80 and you would be hard pressed to fit more than 4 bottles in it.

I'd pay good money to see him fit a pint bottle in a small flat rate box...    You could probably fit 6 or 8 1oz bottles in one, but Jeff is phasing out the 1oz size for 2oz size.

Well shipping aside to make an aluminum  color it will take aluminum to do it. Now it is not a pearl it is a flake. Don't want you to go buying everything under the sun to make this color and  be disappointed.  I would try Spikeits silk pearl and some of the colors you have. It is a very fine fine white pearl and the look is about as close as you can get. Just add some of the silver powder you have to darken a bit.  i know I said it is white but the real color is more like a light silver. 

Frank i will check in on that I was not looking for flax about shipping was just stating i can't give that much shipping for just paint i will have to wait until i order something else to make up the cost. Thank u for your replies and help. Cub48

1 hour ago, Cub48 said:

Well guys i am done here thanks Frank  for your help with the silver.  I will keep trying to get what i want in the silver. As for you guys and your comments on shipping  keep them to your self. Cub48

As stated earlier, shipping fees are a big issue for you, so other members talked about it.  I don't see a problem there? 

At any rate, I hope you find the silver you're looking for, and if it has to be shipped, they ship it at a price that's suitable for you ;)

• Like 1