psilvers

Du-Bro

LPO has the Du-Bro wire bender. The DeLuxe model is $400. I have a Hagen's wire former, but I find that with the heavy wire, it is next to impossible to make tight barrel wraps. It will wrap the wire, but the wrap is spread out a bit because the wire around which the wrap is being formed gets pulled along. Does anyone have any info on the Du-Bro? Is it easy to make TIGHT barrel wraps with that unit? Is there any solution for the Hagen's unit?  BTW, the Hagen's unit works great with the lighter wires, it is just a problem with the .051 wire - and maybe a bit of a problem with the .040 wire, but not as bad.

Thanks,

Pete

s

I've bent .041" with my Hagen's with no problem, I'm assuming you got the large wire conversion that allows bending wire up to .051"? What I noticed is the heavier the wire the more effort you have to use to push the handle forward while twisting, it is easy to keep pressure while twisting smaller wire but once I go over .035" then I have to push harder.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, smalljaw said:

I've bent .041" with my Hagen's with no problem, I'm assuming you got the large wire conversion that allows bending wire up to .051"? What I noticed is the heavier the wire the more effort you have to use to push the handle forward while twisting, it is easy to keep pressure while twisting smaller wire but once I go over .035" then I have to push harder.

I do have the conversion for wire up to .051.  Your observation about having to apply more pressure with heavier wire is EXACTLY what I am speaking of. I was wondering whether the Du-Bro bender was any easier.

Pete