Do Re Me

Newbie with safety question

So I've been making my own spinnerbaits for a couple of years and am looking at getting into pouring my own plastics.  I've been reading thru the forum, watching various videos and the stickies regarding newbie do's and don't s.  I'm still a few months away from actually starting this, however I have a question regarding respirators.   Seems most people are using the 3m half face models along with a pair of goggles, has any one tried using any of the various full face respirators?  If so, any thoughts, recommendations, etc?  Seems like it would be easier, but appearances are often deceiving.  Appreciate any advice and thanks for the info many of you have taken the time to post.

John

Biggest thing about the full face respirator vs the half mask is the price.  They use the same cartridges but the basic mask is, like, 3X as much ($30 half vs $100 full).  I assume the effectiveness would be the same in terms of air intake filtration, but the full face version would offer splash protection as well as prevent vapors from irritating your eyes.  May be some degree of convenience having one safety item (mask only) vs two (mask and safety glasses or goggles).

Rick

Edited by rixon529