smalljaw

Shout out to Barlow's Tackle

I just wanted to give a shout out to Barlow's Tackle for excellent service!!!!  I placed an order Thursday evening and Friday I get a call telling me the one item I ordered was out of stock so they offered me an alternative item.  I really appreciated that as a lot of places just send the order with an updated price as the item is out of stock. This is the kind of customer service that makes me a return customer,  and I also wanted to give some love as we all are quick to voice our displeasure when things don't go well with a vendor. So thank you Barlow's Tackle, I truly appreciate the extra effort!!

• Like 3

This must be new... I have ordered from them and they held the entire order because one item was out of stock... It's always the item I just added on and not even needed. So they keep my whole order suspended... This has happened several times to me. I stopped ordering from there because of it.  Sometimes on line orders and sometimes phone orders and they were not up to par with knowing what is in stock "At the time" of my order... If I knew something was out of stock, I would pass... They could never tell me...

I'm glad they changed.... That should help their business. They did loose mine.

1 hour ago, 21xdc said:

This must be new... I have ordered from them and they held the entire order because one item was out of stock... It's always the item I just added on and not even needed. So they keep my whole order suspended... This has happened several times to me. I stopped ordering from there because of it.  Sometimes on line orders and sometimes phone orders and they were not up to par with knowing what is in stock "At the time" of my order... If I knew something was out of stock, I would pass... They could never tell me...

I'm glad they changed.... That should help their business. They did loose mine.

I've had similar experiences with them.  When I received the orders, they had one or two items "Items out of stock, please reorder at another time" but they shipped the rest.  So I then had to order the out of stock items from LPO and pay another shipping fee.  I've called also and been told the same thing as  Mike, "Think it's in stock, but not sure".  Should have just ordered from LPO in the first place and had the items at a slightly higher cost and pay for shipping once.  I have contacted them about this, they said that's the way their inventory system works, sorry. I don't even bother to check with them anymore, not out of spite, but just don't want to go thru that again, especially if you have a tight timeframe to work with.  

I hope they have listened to their customers comments and have addressed this issue.  It would be nice to have another reliable supplier to choose to shop with.  I'm glad they hooked you up Smalljaw, and nice shout out,  I hope this is a harbinger of things to come!

Edited by AZ Fisher

Smalljaw glad to hear. I was never so lucky with Barlows, and all my business goes to LPO.

On another note , when stuff is back ordered, LPO usually ships the item when it comes in free of charge. I will not place an order twice from a company that doesn't have it in stock and pay shipping twice.  LPO also has gone out of there way to special order things for me and when they don't have it, they tell me up front that it's not in stock and ship to me when it comes in. 

• Like 1

They need a simple inventory system in place. I've had both great and terrible experiences with them. This time of year is the absolute worst. Sometimes it would take 3 or 4 days just to get the order picked from the warehouse. At least they now ship 2 day priority. But I would have the same problems. Sometimes it would be well over a week and I would get half my order and the rest would be out of stock.  They have better prices and selection than most places. But if they could get their inventory figured out and shipping sped up, it would be a great business

I've bought a lot of stuff from Barlows and have had nothing but great experiences ....... can't say the same for LPO.

LPO shipped me the wrong size 3D eyes one time and blamed me for not being able to tell what size eyes I needed. I purchased 4 colors and only 1 of the colors was the wrong size ....... the invoice claimed that they were all the same size, but I somehow ordered that one color wrong LOL. I ended up buying more from Barlows, it was easier that way.

Hey guys. After lurking for a long time, I figured this was a good time to jump in and introduce myself. Many of you know my brother Jon, who posts here as JBarlow. Together with our other brother (surprisingly not named "Darryl") we run Barlow's.

Thanks to Smalljaw and the rest of you for your kind words. We love it when our customers are happy with our products and service, and we know you have lots of options to choose from for tackle/materials.

Your criticisms are also valid. We strive to have the broadest selection of lure making materials possible, and it's something we feel we mostly succeed at. The downside is that inventory management can be challenging. With thousands of SKUs, being out of stock on some products is inevitable, but there's still nothing we like less than being out of something our customers are eager to have. 

We've recently taken steps to better inform our customers when we're out of stock, or when we're holding their order for out-of-stock merchandise. We're also exploring options for a more robust inventory management system, but, with so many products, it's a long process. We're not perfect, but we're doing our best to get there.

Thanks again to all of you for your business and, for those of you who have been disappointed in the past, we do hope to one day earn you back as customers. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Good Fishing said:

Hey guys. After lurking for a long time, I figured this was a good time to jump in and introduce myself. Many of you know my brother Jon, who posts here as JBarlow. Together with our other brother (surprisingly not named "Darryl") we run Barlow's.

Thanks to Smalljaw and the rest of you for your kind words. We love it when our customers are happy with our products and service, and we know you have lots of options to choose from for tackle/materials.

Your criticisms are also valid. We strive to have the broadest selection of lure making materials possible, and it's something we feel we mostly succeed at. The downside is that inventory management can be challenging. With thousands of SKUs, being out of stock on some products is inevitable, but there's still nothing we like less than being out of something our customers are eager to have. 

We've recently taken steps to better inform our customers when we're out of stock, or when we're holding their order for out-of-stock merchandise. We're also exploring options for a more robust inventory management system, but, with so many products, it's a long process. We're not perfect, but we're doing our best to get there.

Thanks again to all of you for your business and, for those of you who have been disappointed in the past, we do hope to one day earn you back as customers. 

Thank you for keeping Jon off the streets.

• Like 1