Landry

Envirotex on top of Krylon Clear?

Well - I am making a couple of new masters to use for making silicon mOlds for muskie Baits. 

And - the Krylon Crystal Clear Acrylic just won't dry fully for me!!!!!!!!!!! So annoying  

Was planning on sanding them down in a few days and then coating with etex!!??

do u think the etex will cover it just fine???  I have put it on acrylic paint but never this clear stuff and it smells really chemical-ally if there is such a word so I was worried about it affecting etex curing...

thanks guys. 

You will have to let it cure first.. or remove it with a solvent and repaint. Coating an uncured substrate with epoxy will seal it in an uncured state. All kinds of bad things will happen. For instance, when bitten, the epoxy will crack and slide on the lure---Taking the paint job with it.  Or the clear coat can cloud up. Perhaps low heat and moving air will help it cure. But it sounds like the clear coat you applied has formed a chemical reaction with the material that your lure is made from.  Some materials are incompatible. 

Others may have had different experiences, and may have a solution for yo.u

I'd wait a few days like you said to see if the Krylon will eventually harden.  If it's just a little tacky maybe the epoxy will be OK but if there's any doubt, I'd take it off with soap or denatured alcohol.  Epoxy cures in and of itself and will harden over just about anything but Envirotex does contain some solvent and you don't know how that may react with the chemicals in the uncured Krylon. 

• Like 1