Willie Rip

Latest bluegill trip

Interestingly most times smoke sparkle is best for me.  I'll often run a double dropshot though until I figure out which color is best on a particular day.  Quite often I've found small bass prefer watermelon, and the panfish like the smoke sparkle.  Not always though I caught a 7lb largemouth on a smoke sparkle 1.5 inch curly grub one day after sticking six really nice blue gill on it.  It was quite an adventure on light tackle.  Nice thing about the grubs is I keep a small box of them in the boat and I can go panfishing any time I am out.  Most days I am bass fishing, but when I get the urge I don't have to run to the store or snatch up a shovel to switch over to red ears or bluegill. 

When I see big gobs of pink/red eggs on tulie stems I'll switch over to a color I call salmon egg.  Its very similar to the red color Pautske dies salmon eggs.  Also some days school bus yellow is good.  White is usually a good gamble to try too if smoke sparkle isn't working. 

Of course we know pans will eat salmon eggs and yellow cheese readily as well.