Glideb8

Compressor to Iwata hose

Hey there,

I have a few questions regarding compressor to airbrush hose connection.

I got an air compressor(California Air Tools 5.5) and I have an Iwata airbrush.  Bought the Iwata hose and I know I need some kind of adapter to connect the hose to the compressor.  In the instruction manual it says to get a male universal adapter, but I think it needs something else.  Anybody that has a California Air Tools compressor, care to tell me what kinds of parts I need to connect the Iwata hose to the compressor?

I have a few resin prototypes ready for my swimbaits/glides and wanted to paint a few to test the workflow and to get them out for testing.

Thanks in advance!

6 hours ago, hoffbossn said:

Same here, Believe I got a good connector I needed a female and female piece, I think it was orchad supply. 

Yeah, I think I have to get one of those.  I bought the male universal coupler, but I forgot the hose when I went to home depot, so I couldn't remember what else I needed.  Soon!

I've carved wood masters and cast resin swimbaits, glides and another prototype.  Need to weight, paint and test!

19 minutes ago, mark poulson said:

Before I got smart and bought the matching hoses, I had so many adapters on the end of my air brushes they were too heavy to lift!

I felt like Johnny Cash, "I got it one piece at a time".

haha

I bought 2 other pieces that I needed from Home depot the other day.  I just need this trigger grip filter to show up and then I'll be testing some painting!

• Like 1

If the gun has a threaded connector I'd hunt down a nylon hose barb to thread into the gun.  Then push on a light clear soft plastic hose that goes from the gun to the regulator (or drier) where you can adapt another hose barb into it.  Its low pressure, so most likely all you need is the friction fit of a properly sized hose and barb.  Why over complicate it? 

Leave several feet of slack from the regulator to where you will be painting to make sure you can paint comfortably. 

Leave all the weight of fittings, regulators, driers, etc on the compressor, or on the wall if you have plumbed in shop air. 

Often I find stuff at Cal-Ranch, Tractor Supply, or the local True Value Hardware store for this that I don't always find at Home Depot or Lowes.  I just wish Cal-Ranch had a better website where I could actually look stuff up before driving over there. 

21 hours ago, mark poulson said:

But I love having a quick disconnect just below my air brush, so I can remove it and do a quick lube of the trigger valve from below.  And my Iwata MAC valve just before that lets me control my air pressure at the brush, instead of having to fool with the regulator.

On 4/19/2017 at 6:15 PM, mark poulson said:

Before I got smart and bought the matching hoses, I had so many adapters on the end of my air brushes they were too heavy to lift!

I guess its a trade off then.  LOL